The so-called Islamic State claimed responsibility for the London attacks on Sunday night as the first victim was named as Chrissy Archibald from Canada.
Seven people were killed and 48 injured in the attack on Saturday, with 21 fighting for their lives in hospital.
The family of Ms Archibald, from Castlegar, British Columbia, have released a statement which is being reported by Sky News which reads:
“We grieve the loss of our beautiful, loving daughter and sister. She had room in her heart for everyone and believed strongly that every person was to be valued and respected.
“She lived this belief working in a shelter for the homeless until she moved to Europe to be with her fiancé. She would have had no understanding of the callous cruelty that caused her death.
“Please honour her by making your community a better place. Volunteer your time and labour or donate to a homeless shelter. Tell them Chrissy sent you.”
Twelve people have been arrested in connection with the atrocity after an armed raid in Barking, east London. A further raid has also taken place in East Ham.
It emerged earlier on Sunday that police fired an “unprecedented” 50 bullets to kill the three London Bridge terrorists because they believed the attackers were wearing suicide belts, the country’s head of counter-terrorism said.
Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said a member of the public also received a gunshot wound in the hail of bullets from the eight officers.
Pro-Islamic State social media users claimed the London attacks were revenge for the RAF’s “love from Manchester” air strike, according to the Site intelligence monitoring group.
A photograph emerged last week of an RAF bomb with the message “love from Manchester” written on it. It was on its way to strike Isil targets in Syria. According to Site, one Twitter user posted the image and wrote: “This is your merchandise and tonight we responded.”
Earlier, Theresa May warned that Britain is in the grip of a spate of copycat terror attacks in the wake of the London Bridge atrocity.
The Prime Minister delivered a stark assessment of the threat facing the UK after seven people were murdered and dozens more injured by three terrorists on Saturday night.
It was the third terrorist outrage to hit the country this year following the Westminster and Manchester attacks.
Speaking outside Downing Street, Mrs May said that although there was no direct link between the three incidents, “terrorism breeds terrorism”.
New figures from NHS England show that of 48 people taken to hospital on Saturday night, 36 are currently being cared for in central London hospitals.
Of these, 21 remain in a critical condition.
Metropolitan Police commissioner Cressida Dick condemned the atrocity as “appalling” and “ghastly”.
She said police believe there were three attackers at London Bridge and Borough Market and that all had been “neutralised”.
Attackers brought carnage to the streets of the capital, stabbing a police officer and revellers with 12-inch knives, reportedly shouting “this is for Allah”.
The trio were pictured wearing what appeared to be explosive vests, with police later confirming they were hoaxes.
Police were called at around 10.08pm to reports of a vehicle striking pedestrians on London Bridge.
The white van then continued to drive to Borough Market. Three men then left the vehicle and began to stab people, including a British Transport Police Officer;
The suspects were confronted and shot by police at Borough Market within eight minutes of the first call being made.
Meanwhile, the major political parties have suspended national election campaigning after the London Bridge terror attack.
After consultation between the parties, national activities were put on hold until Sunday evening at least, with the position set to be reviewed later in the day.
But Ukip broke with the other parties by refusing to suspend its General Election campaign, with leader Paul Nuttall warning that stalling the democratic process could lead to more attacks.